Friday, July 14, 2017

Knackered!

It's been a long day. I didn't get much sleep on the plane, and sat in a restricted space for eight+ hours.Then we arrived at Gatwick and went through the formalities of entry rather easily.  Next, it was time to buy connectivity. I paid for a one month, unlimited data plan, and Derek paid for a less expensive plan, but it took quite a while to get my data plan to work, probably because my phone is over five years old. It worked fine in the end, but it took a while to kick in.

Then, the car.

They had demanded a string-band worth of documentation, none of which was actually required. But we did get a Jag, which is nice. Unfortunately, it turns out there is not much more room to move around in a Jaguar than there is on a Boeing 777!

So we went to Peter's place to drop off a ton of pepper sauce, and because I like my little camera, I didn't take his picture. After a pleasant chat with Pete (lovely to see you, mate! so sorry we missed Di, though.), we set off for Blenheim Palace.


It would take a full day to scratch the surface there, which we didn't have time for. But we had a good look around and then had lunch, before we set off for our first AirBnB booking. A very pleasant host received us and made us welcome in the 16th century farmhouse. I won't post any photos until I clear it with her, but we're here for three days, so...

But now I am bushed. Eight plus hours sitting on a plane followed by eight plus more in the car, and I ache all over. So, time for a shower, and bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment