Monday, July 17, 2017

North Wales

Traveling west through the northern Welsh hills, we journeyed to the coast. Very scenic, with some beautiful wooded hills, and valleys, but not easy to stop and take a photograph, unfortunately.  But my eyes saw, and my brain will always remember.



Aberystwyth is a pretty, seaside town, where I had Cod & Chips (with salt & vinegar) for lunch.  Derek had a burger but sampled the fish.  We both agree, the British have great fish, but they have not learned about seasoning yet.  There was a slice of lemon, but fish should be seasoned before you cook it.


Next, north through Snowdonia National Park.  Another scenic drive with too few places to stop and take a photograph.


You could spend days enjoying this scenic locale, but we were en route to Portmeirion, that quirky little village where The Prisoner was filmed.  We met and had a coffee with Patrick McGoohan... No we didn't, I'm wishing out loud!

But we saw his bust and most of the village itself.


It's quite a pretty spot, and I had scones with clotted cream and strawberry preserves (prescribed by my doctor, no less) and a pot (not a cup) of tea!


Next, we journeyed to Anglesey.  Specifically, to the village of... Well, I won't try to tell you, instead I will show you:


From there, a place only my mother was ever able to pronounce for me, we went to our BnB for the night, in Llandudno Junction, where we met our host who was unsurprisingly, able to pronounce it for us without effort.  We checked in, then went to have a quick look at Conwy Castle.


Finally, we journeyed to the top of the Great Orme, to look at the view.


Our host advised us that a great sunset could often be observed from the top of the Orme, but there was little cloud, and sunset was a couple hours away.  Being tired, we decided to return to the BnB and get an early night.  


I'm finding that I have more photos each day, than I want to clutter each post with, so I'm going to post them to the Blog Photos album listed in the sidebar on the right.  So, if you are interested, you can look in there for possible extra photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment