Monday, July 17, 2017

Moving on

Today, we say goodbye to Dipika and Nick, who have looked after us so well for the last three days.

The Old Farmhouse in Boningale is a 17th century structure with low ceilings and uneven floors to prove it.  I found it very charming, and convivial.


The entire place was as spic and span as you could want, and a large, inviting kitchen, as well as two sitting rooms were available for our use.


A good breakfast was laid each morning, and there are restaurants only minutes away for other meals.

The house is surrounded by a lovely garden, where Dipika grows a variety of flowers.  The garden also produces fruit and vegetables, and hosts two hedgehogs which (alas) were shy enough that we didn't get to glimpse them.


Nick and Dipika themselves were ideal hosts.  Warm and friendly, helpful and considerate, yet not pushy or intrusive.  Dipika showed me around her garden, and when I asked if I saw gooseberries (not those sour, green things Bajans know about!), she picked some, let us try one each, and half an hour later served us with a bowl of stewed gooseberries and fresh cream!

I hope that should I ever return to Cosford, that Nick & Dipika will agree to have me back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment